Our social dining events are literally a moveable feast…you can find us popping up anywhere! We here at Flavour.ie are inspired by the wonderful local ingredients and seasonality which often includes foraged elements to create deliciously different menu’s ranging from 3-5 courses including a complimentary glass of fizz or cocktail delivered in a convivial, relaxed and fun atmosphere where people arrive as strangers and leave as friends!
Our menu will aim to get diners thinking about different ways to use ingredients. Often times, we use the same foods in the same way or we can be daunted by thinking that dishes have to be lavish and overly complicated. Here at Flavour HQ we say that doesn’t have to be the case! All of our dishes are designed to be cooked at home using nothing more than a typical domestic kitchen equipment and home cooking skills and as such diners are provided with a recipe booklet of all the dishes on the night to try them at home!
You will get the chance to meet local foodies and food producers behind one or more of the ingredients featured in the menu who dine with the group and can talk about their food story, answer questions and create a connection between the food and the producer that is unique to any other dining experience in West Cork!
Our supper clubs are all about FLAVOUR and BON VIVANT! Food brings people together naturally, and good food and good company are a wonderful combination.
Supper Club is BACK! Monday 12th September, 7.30pm back in wonderful Scannell’s. ***THIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT*** We are running a cancellations list… use the Contact Us form to send us your details and should anything come up, we’ll be in touch.
Keep up to date by signing up for our FREE newsletter or follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
Examples of previous Supper Clubs:
- Autumn Comfort: Home Cured Salmon; Prime Rib of Beef; Spiced Pear Frangipane and Dark Chocolate Tart; West Cork Cheese Platter; Clonakilty Chocolate petit fours. Chat from Masterchef winner Diana Dodog!
- Savoury Cooking with Chocolate: Chocolate pear and bacon salad; Venison & Chocolate Agrodolce, rosti and roasted roots; Triple Chocolate frozen mousse and raspberry and chocolate torte. Chat and exclusive (pre new range launch) chocolate tasting from Allison Roberts of Clonakilty Chocolate!
- Tastes of Rhubarb: Rhubarb and Black Pudding Amuse; Hake en Pappiote with Rhubarb and Asian Flavours; Lamb and Rhubarb Khoresh, Saffron Rice, Yufka; Cardamom and Saffron Layer Cake with Rhubarb and Ginger Jam, Rhubarb Sorbet. Meet the producer with Waterfall Farms!
- Summer Abundance: Wild Elderflower Fizz on arrival; Aromatic Poached Salmon with Liquorice and Cinnamon Tea Glaze; Herb Crusted Pork Fillet, Spiced Carrot and Summer Vegetables served with Homemade Local Beer Bread; Strawberry Symphony: Strawberry Marshmallow Mousse, Rosewater and Pistachio Shortbread, Strawberry Sherbet and a shot of Homemade Gin and Strawberry Liqueur.
- My Big Fat Greek Dinner Party: Savoury Mezze (Baba Ganoush, Dolmades, Kofte, Deep Fried Whitebait, Pan Fried Mackerel with Tomato Onion and Mint, Grilled Lemon & Chili Halloumi, Feta & Olive Tartlets, Homemade Olive Bread); Main Event (Kelftiko with Greek Salad and Baked Crispy Fennel); Sweet Mezze (Baklava, Greek Shortbread Biscuits, Semolina & Almond Cake, Homemade Pistachio Ice Cream).
- Fall Feast: Wild Reship Bellini on arrival; Whipped Pumpkin Pie; Wild Haw Berry Gin Granita; Masala Salmon served with Cauliflower Schwarma, Tarkka Dahl, Aromatic Seasonal Greens and Homemade Chapati; Ryan Family Apple, Wild Brambleberry and Pecan Granola Crumble service with Highbank Orchard Toffee Apple Sauce, Creme Anglaise and Mini Fudge Shortbread.
- Speed Dating for Food Lovers: A unique speed dating event for foodie singles to mingle over tapas-style speedy eats. Working with chef Izaak Bradley of Scannell’s in Clonakilty, this was an off-site event with 10 Ladies and 10 Gents. Feedback from the night can be found in the Testimonials page.
- Fine Dining: An exclusive event using the very best of local produce served in a fine-dining-style. We worked with chef Izaak Bradley of Scannell’s in Clonakilty to deliver top notch food in our relaxed social dining setting.
- Ocean Banquet: A very special four course meal with Prosecco on arrival that was focussed on showcasing the very best of seafood from the West Cork Atlantic Coast. Meet the producer with Peter Shanahan of Fresh Fish Seafood Deli.