This is one from the archives that I had almost forgotten about, but it’s so hugely fun to look at and easy to make, I’ve decided to recycle it for the blog! If nothing else, it’ll make you giggle like a kid, plus it tastes pretty good too.
And of course there is always the option to ‘Go Hard’ with this by adding it a decent amount of vodka, but maybe wait until the kids have had their share first before doing that!
For an extra bit of fun, serve it in one of those old-fashioned champagne saucers!
Ingredients (makes enough for about 15 servings):
- 1 ltr of Cranberry juice
- ½ ltr of Apple juice
- 150ml of Grenadine syrup
- Juice of 1 lime
- Handful of blueberries
- Get a couple of disposable gloves (food grade, not the Marigolds!), fill with water and tie off at the end. Place in the freezer.
- In an ice cube tray place a blueberry in each compartment, fill with boiled and cooled water and place in the freezer.
- In a large transparent bowl, place in the juices and syrup and mix together. Decorate around the base of the bowl with spooky fairy lights.
- When the water filled gloves and blueberry ice cubes are frozen solid, pop them out and place in the bowl.
- Hey presto Spooky Punch with Ghostly Hands and Blueberry Eyeballs!
This recipe was featured along side two others (Mini Toffee Apples and Goulish Fruits) in the Autumn 2017 edition of West Fork Magazine with the Southern Star: